Body of Wonder
Join Dr. Andrew Weil and Dr. Victoria Maizes for insightful conversations with thought-provoking doctors, specialists, authors, and researchers.
In Body of Wonder we dive into ideas that are changing medicine, hear compelling stories, and explore age-old wisdom backed by modern science. We discuss the latest research and how it has a powerful effect in our lives.
Listen to episodes
Click the episodes below to listen or click the icons to stream the episodes on Itunes, Google Play, Spotify, or YouTube.
Body of Wonder is hosted by Dr. Victoria Maizes and Dr. Weil and produced by the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona.
- Episode #20 How Psychedelics Will Change the Future of Mental Health Treatment with Ronan Levy
- Episode #19 The Gut-Brain Axis - How Your Brain and Body Communicate with John Cryan, PhD
- Episode #18 A Kingdom of Their Own - How Fungi Shape Our World with Merlin Sheldrake
- Episode #17 The Low FODMAPs Diet with Dr. Peter Gibson
- Episode #16 Experiencing Grief, Loss, and Radical Uncertainty with Roshi Joan Halifax
- Episode #15 The Power of Breath with James Nestor
- Episode #14 Medical Cannabis with Dr. Ethan Russo
- Episode #13 Thinking Small and Big- Microencapsulation with Robert Langer Sc.D
- Episode #12 Adaptogens for Stress Resiliency and Immunity with Lise Alschuler, ND
- Episode #11 Psychedelic-Assisted Trauma Therapy - A New Frontier in Mental Health with Rick Doblin, PhD
- Episode # 10 Forest Bathing- Combating Modern Society's Nature Deficit with Suzanne Bartlett Hackenmiller, MD
- Episode #9 The Human Microbiome with Erica Sonnenburg, PhD and Justin Sonnenburg, PhD
- Episode #8 Exploring Guided Imagery with Belleruth Naparstek
- Episode #7 Delicious, Deadly, and Mind-Expanding Mushrooms with Paul Stamets
- Episode #6 Intermittent Fasting with Dr. Valter Longo
- Episode #5 Out of the Wild - What a Global Virus Teaches Us with David Quammen
- Episode #4 Friendly Fire: How the Brain's Tiniest Cells Hold Hope for Autoimmune Diseases & Mental Disorders with Donna Jackson Nakazawa
- Episode #3 Brain Health & Broad-Spectrum Micronutrients with Bonnie Kaplan, Ph.D.
- Episode #2 Consciousness: (The Self) Experience of A Lifetime with Deepak Chopra, MD
- Episode #1 Healing Medicine with Andrew Weil, MD and Victoria Maizes, MD
Connect with the Show
Meet the Hosts
Dr. Andrew Weil is a world-renowned leader and pioneer in the field of integrative medicine. He is the founder and director of the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine.
Dr. Victoria Maizes is executive director of the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine, chief of the Division of Integrative Medicine and a professor of medicine, family medicine, and public health at the University of Arizona. Internationally recognized as a leader in integrative medicine, she speaks worldwide on integrative medical education, women's health, healthy aging, nutrition, and cancer.
Want to Learn More?
Check out all the educational programs and courses in Integrative Health from the Andrew Weil Center.