Integrative Health and Lifestyle program (IHeLp)
An innovative, interprofessional, 6-month, mostly online, certificate program.
IHeLp is a compassion-centered, interprofessional, mostly-online education program. This program:
- Builds a strong foundation in Integrative Health
- Emphasizes lifestyle approaches across 7 Core Areas of Health (movement, nutrition, sleep, resilience, spirituality, relationships, and environment)
- Fosters the mind-body connection and a whole person approach
- Explores beneficial complementary and traditional medicines, including Ayurveda and East Asian Medicine
- Dives into plant-based medicine
- Hones skills to critically assess dietary supplements
… and so much more! Apply the learning to your own health and be supported in small faculty-mentored groups. Join our growing alumni of nurses, therapists, dietitians, acupuncturists, physical therapists, physician assistants, public health experts, and many more in changing the health care system from the inside.
Coaching Pre-Requisite: IHeLp is one of the options to fulfill the prerequisite to apply to our Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching certification training.
IHeLp 2024 starting online January 8, 2024, 4-day educational retreat May 14-17, 2024, program completion in July 2024. Graduates are eligible to apply for IHW Coaching certification that begins Fall 2024.
IHeLp: Q and A with IHeLp Staff and Directors
Join monthly IHeLp Q and A Zoom sessions with IHeLp Staff and Directors. This is an opportunity to ask questions about our IHeLp program and have them answered by program leadership and hear about how your transformational journey with us will look and feel. Q and A attendees will receive a code to waive their IHeLp application fee after the session!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.Wednesday, January 17 at 4pm AZ/MST (3pm PST, 5pm CST, 6pm EST)
Register in advance here for this meeting
Attend and receive an application fee waiver code!
What you will learn
- Spirituality & Health
- Stress & Mind-Body
- Sleep & Dream Health
- Physical Activity
- Healing Relationships
- Motivational Interviewing
- Environmental Health
- Mind-Body Modalities
- Nutrition & Cardiovascular Health
- Micronutrients, Vitamins, Minerals
- Common Dietary Supplements
- Whole Systems
- Manual Medicine
- Energy Medicine
- Integrative Health Informatics
- Integrative Mental Health
- Smoking Cessation
IHeLp 2024 Program Overview PDF available using button below.Curriculum Overview
Educational Program Highlights
Online Flexibility with supportive weekly structure
- Follow the structured weekly syllabus on the days and times that work for you.
- Work through curriculum, completing self-care assignments, and more.
- Approximately 10 hours per week of student engagement.
- Earn your Certificate of Completion in just 29 Weeks.
Community-focused faculty and peer engaged learning
- Learn with peers online through shared responses, dialogues, self-care teams, and healing talks.
- Every student is assigned to a small Faculty-mentored Self-Care team.
Tucson In-Person Educational Retreat
- Build on your online learning with hands on learning and integrative health sessions.
- Join your classmates for 4 days at the Andrew Weil Center for Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.
Live Virtual Engagement
- Meet students, directors, and staff at Class Orientation via Zoom
- Learn from hour long Faculty-led Zoom IHW Healing Talks held every 3-5 weeks
- Connect with your Self-Care Team meet-ups via Zoom throughout the program
- Celebrate with your class at our Virtual Graduation Zoom session
Graduates - The Future of Integrative Health
Robust Education and Ongoing Alumni Support
- Over 250 hours of critical learning
- Over 50 hours of Continuing Nursing and Medical Education Credit
- Broad education across all domains of Integrative Health and Wellness including:
- Nutrition & Supplements,
- Complementary and Traditional Therapies
- Real world application, related self-care elements, and a final graduation project.
- Lifelong AWCIM Community hub access to network of over 2000 AWCIM alumni, online discussions, career listings, and opportunity to post your practice information on our popular find an Integrative Health and Medicine Practitioner directory.
- Free access to Premium IHeLp Alumni Membership for first year -- stay current across all topics
- RN/NP - Eligible to sit for the Holistic Nurse Board Certification Exam
- All Graduates - Eligible to enroll in AWCIM Integrative Health and Wellness Coaching Certification
Upon successful completion of IHeLp, graduates earn a certificate of completion and become valued alumni, gaining access to ongoing learning and community engagement opportunities
"We pursue our professions and careers because we love to care for people and see them well. As soon as the program starts, you get to know your classmates and meet your instructors, it becomes obvious that this program is where you go to take your passion to the next level."
-De Ann Dwight, RN, MSN, CRSS
Integrative Health & Wellness Coaching Certification
IHeLp graduates are also eligible to apply to our robust Coaching certification program, as a next step towards a new or enhanced career.
More information on coaching
More About the IHeLp
You may also be interested in: